Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Earth Feet, Loam Feet

Buzz Aldrin on the Moon. From GRIN (Great Images In NASA).


Sometimes I experience a deep, sudden, terribly urgent and almost panicky desire to be an astronaut. I feel like if I don't walk on another planet before I die, my life might be wasted. On all kinds of other levels, I know that my life won't actually be wasted if I never do this, but it still makes me feel anxious sometimes. Looking at this picture induces that panic. I blame science fiction.


A

1 comment:

Irene said...

oddly, I actually relate to this but I never explicitly realized it. I think I've found near satisfaction for this desire a few times in my life--one of which was when my sister and I climbed to the top of a snow covered volcano in Chili. that may have been the most difficult thing I've ever done...that and giving birth ;)

Post a Comment